View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 09:04 AM
MTaylorJ1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
It really depends on whom they can get, but you raise a fair point.
Depends on a ton of things. Rather than looking at lines, I almost think they need to acquire someone in the range of not as good as the top 5 (because I can't foresee someone better than one of those guys coming available, but maybe I'd be surprised), but not WORSE than Peverley.

Really what I want them to do is make Chris Kelly the #9 forward. How they arrange the lines afterwards is superfluous to me. At that point it's all about fit. For example, If they brought in say O'Reilly. You could partner up each of your 3 best wings (Marchand, Lucic, Seguin) with your 3 best centers (Bergeron, Krejci, O'Reilly) and then fill the blanks on each of the other lines. But then to your initial point, that would have pushed someone down to the 3rd line. Especially in a sprint like this season is, rather than go 19-19-14 with your top 3 lines, it would look more like 18-17-16, leaving them all fresh for the playoffs when I'm guessing other teams are going to wind up gassed. How the 3rd line is currently constructed terrifies me not because of how the team has played, but how it will pay when 1. fatigue hits and 2. and injury or two occurs.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote