View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 09:11 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
My concern centers around puck retrieval, when I've watched MDZ there was too many times where he stayed around the net instead of racing into the corner to steal the puck before the opposition forwards could get to it. Which I get, you don't wanna get caught out off position, but a smoother skater wouldn't have to worry about that and that's what I want from an EJ partner. I'm actually fine with him not being a puck rusher, EJ's great at that when he's free to do so, but getting to the puck and getting it out of the zone is something very important in an EJ partner, and is an area I'm not sold on MDZ with, which is why I prefer a deal around Kulikov.
I think what you are talking about is more the system the Rangers play. They play from the goal out. Pretty much every defender plays like that and the Rangers have great skaters back there like McDonagh and Staal. They wait for everyone to be in the hose and then go pressure the puck.

I think they would work well together but I understand wanting more from a top-pairing guy. Just giving my .02$