View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
This statement must have torn you apart. It's the first time i read something positive coming from you (well the second part not the first)
You haven't been reading my posts closely enough then. I've said that we have the best young core we've had in eons.

Saying that we're not good enough to win now doesn't mean I don't think we'll be good enough to win in the next few years. Adding Galchenyuk makes a huge difference. Price and Subban are both aces... add in Max and that's a pretty good group to build with. Plus we've got a bunch of blueline prospects that look pretty good too.

As for it tearing me apart... why? You know I'm a Hab fan right? I don't care if we deal away all our prospects, do the opposite of everything I've argued and win a cup. I just want us to win a cup... that's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Where is the talk about rebuilding and all? The rebuild is already in place Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi, Collberg, Beaulieu. It's coming and it's coming hard.
I still beleive that we should use this year to stack the deck for the future. I don't think we're good enough to win this year and all I care about are cups.

The blueline looks set for the future, I'd like to see more strong forwards coming up and I think dealing for prospects is the way to go, esp with this monster draft coming up. Problem is we don't have much to deal with. The only trading cards we have with any value are Markov (who I still think we should trade) and Plecs (with Gally's emergence I think we should hang onto.) Cole would've been great to deal but his sell high date looks like it may have past. No other vet is going to garner great value for us.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote