View Single Post
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Man Bear Pig
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
while i agree Rielly would be hard to pry. It's a bit of a different scenario comparing duchene to rielly.

One had 67 and 55 point seasons in his first two years and currently sits 12th in scoring while other hasn't played a game in the NHL. You still have Gardiner. You can even pick up prospects and players if you trade bozak, macarthur, kulemin and colbourne at the deadline
Never really understood the "He hasn't played in the NHL yet argument". I find it a weak one tbh. Nathan Mackinnon hasn't played a game yet but I think it's a pretty safe bet that he's gonna be a good player. I was comparing Duchene and Rielly in terms of what they mean to their respective teams. Both are seen as guys to build around. O'reilly, while a very good player, I wouldn't put as a guy to build around. A player that could certainly be a core player, but more of a piece like a Phil Kessel. Yes, we still have Gardiner but that doesn't make Rielly expendable. Bozak,Mac,Kuly etc could net prospects/picks but we all know they won't be on the same level as Rielly. I just don't see how O'reilly is on the same level value-wise given the projections on both players.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote