View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 10:21 AM
MaKi

vCash: 500
I love how he went from being the odd man out in the first couple games, playing "too soff", to being one of the most effective players in our lineup with this dump and grind style. Sure there are guys who are a bit more effective at the grinding and retrieving the puck thus far, Prust and Bourque come to mind, but Eller hasn't been too far behind recently, and he has better hands/vision once he gets the puck on his stick.

Very impressed, enjoying the way this Habs team is playing right now, especially Eller, who's starting to move towards that potential we knew he had coming over from St.Louis.

That being said, I hope they don't move DD just yet, I really like him as a player as well. Obviously I would keep Eller over him, but that's not a slight to him, but a compliment to Eller. If we want to keep running 3 scoring lines we need to have depth in case of injuries along the way, which I hope we do as it's one of the main factors contributing to our early success. It's tough when you have to sit out a talented player, or push him to the 4th line, but as we're seeing now, it really becomes necessary when someone could drop out of the line-up in a flash.