View Single Post
02-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Three Bananas
vCash: 500
Nick Kypreos was asked what was the reason of the success of Leafs? And he said a lot of team spirit and a new philosophy but more than anything he said there are a lot of teams in trouble in the East. And i'll put this in there that's a big reason of the success of the Habs too. There hasn't been a lot of big dominating win where you can say "wow the Habs are better than the other team". Against Tampa it was unconvincing, against Florida we were all like "boy they look like a Jacques Martin team". Same with the game against the Rangers, they play lousy, the other team play lousy too and we get lucky with a win. Games against Buffalo and Philly you felt like playing with kids in kinder garden cause of how much these teams lacked spirit, like they are completly shell shocked.

To me our only great performance was against the Canes(esp. the first two periods), where the guys went all out, they played well offensively and defensively, they were strong on the body, the D was supporting the offense and sure Ward had two weak goals, but before this it was really him who kept the Canes in the games, Habs were much better at every levels.

I just hope the style of play we used against the Rangers, it's not Therrien going all Jacques Martin on us.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote