View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 10:41 AM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Pretty harsh to say....but I'm done with Gionta. And like I keep saying, I predict that this will be pretty hard to handle for Therrien 'cause right now...Gionta would be on my 4th line. But tough 2 years to come especially at that amount.
Yup.

To quote part of my post in the thoughts on the season so far thread:
Quote:
Brian Gionta is first on my pooplist with a big, smudgy brown bullet. He's a charlatan and he wouldn't even be on the 1st line of an AHL team with his deplorable hockey sense. EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. dies on his stick. He backchecks very well but then gifts the breakout pass right to the opposition because he's too damn stupid with the puck - exhausting both himself and his increasingly frustrated linemates. His stick is so short (I wonder why...) he whiffs on the easiest tap-ins and one-timers and he always has to resort to his patented crappy snap-shot. He's 0.5ppg so far and I really don't expect him to suddenly wake up - he can't start crashing the net, he can't start winning the puck on the dump-and-chase and he can't even score on an open net. If this is the Gionta we're stuck with and if it continues, he's buy-out fodder. **** this guy, he's been crap.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote