View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
I disagree that Petry's defense is terrible more worried about his offense to be honest. We need a left shot puck mover on the back end.
In order of really horrible defensive cues, lapses i would (IMHO) put worst being Potter, then Whitney then Petry. We also have 6 goals against this season from players going to the net, making contact with dubnyk to the point he slides on the ice or gets pushed over... and the D pairings for the 3 that didnt involve Potter and Whitney were Petrys man.
We disagree for sure in what direction this team should go. Personally i would rather focus on getting the puck back and ending opponent pushes rather than getting ahead of myself and wishing for a puck mover who cant do anything without the puck. Bostons transition game is one of the best still and last i checked Boychuk is out there most of the time doing those transitions. Theres also this idea i have that my forwards shouldnt be wasting energy in their own zone so a defender who specializes in ...defense , his job, makes more sense to me.

I can see a homer thing going on though so its ok. If i ask the league members what they think of Boychuk its pretty consistent and well known. Stanley cup at 25 inutes a game kind of speaks volumes. playing 18 minutes for a 30th place team really doesnt.

not knocking you but fundamentally i get sick of hearing oiler fans thinking they need more offense and speed. it will get our guys in the IR and in draft lotto though. (a pet peeve of mine is using Hall to constantly gain the zone with speed when really with his speed i would try to always have him as the secondary forward coming in with speed and have Ebs or RNH as the primary targets for entry)

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-20-2013 at 11:53 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote