View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 11:00 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Are we really going to rehash a trade from over five years ago? While we're at it why don't we revisit the Selanne trade? Or how about the firing of Ron Wilson? I know, trading Tugnut in favor of Hebert. That one has been gnawing at me for a while.

Seriously though hindsight is always 20/20 and trades like this always look bad after the fact. But at the time it needed to happen. Yes signing Bertuzzi was a bad move and the almost-retirement from Scotty and Teemu handcuffed us bad. But Burke just won a cup and wasn't about to be handcuffed by not doing anything on July 1st. How could he know Bertuzzi was going to be so crappy or Scotty and Teemu actually had some more game in them or that Andy was going to have such a bad start to his season? Need I remind you though that that team was the best defensive team we ever had and we happened to finish fourth in the conference. But all anyone can remember is Dallas getting the better of us in the playoffs.

But it's been five years and I think it's safe to safe we've moved on from that trade.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote