Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 11:17 AM
wilfred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Been quite pleased with the play of our young Dmen so far. Methot is becoming quite a stud. Benoit has been solid and Wiercioch has found his shot lately. Good signs. Gryba has not looked out of place at all and adds some toughness. We know what Borowiecki can bring when he's back. Wikstrand, Claesson and Ceci will come to Camp to show their stuff and we' have Karlsson and Cowen back to make this quite an interesting picture next season.

I think Lundin will move on, Gonchar traded and Phillips will be the big decision.

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Wiercioch
Benoit - Gryba
Borowiecki

Bingo gets Ceci, Claesson and Wikstrand and possibly Borowiecki if Phillips stays. They should also get Sdao into the mix with Wideman and Blood and keep Eckford, so they should be fine as well.

And who knows what the draft or a trade will bring.

The more I think on it, Phillips will be pushed hard next year. I see in him a loss of foot-speed and decision making the way I saw it ebb away with Redden. He has nothing to prove as to where his heart is, and his leadership is great, but his window is closiing here now.

Given our three goalies (doubt we have them all in September) and deep forward group (when the injuries are done) this will be a strong unit next year.
Nice post,

I see Phillips taking Benoit's spot.

The only question I have will be can Weircioch play RD in the top 4(I have my doubts)

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote