Thread: Proposal: Avs-Caps
View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Avs71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I'd trade O'Reilly for Alzner. Alzner would be the perfect partner for EJ and them playing 25+ minutes a night would completely chance how this defense looks.
Exactly this. This is a perfect basis to a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Caps overpay simply because the Avs have no leverage. Sorry Avs fans.
Yeah, because O'Reilly potentially not playing in the NHL till he is 27 means the ball is in his court. Colorado will sit on him till someone pays the price they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Yeah, Avs have no leverage, the price tag for O'Reilly falls every day. If we can't sign Ribeiro and trade him, this is an option. Carlson, Not Alzner. Also Green would have to be healthy. What are your offensive d-man? What is the price tag for Tyson Barrie for example?

I think
ROR
Barrie
for
Carlson
would be a good basis. I think Caps would have to add a little. How about a 2nd rounder?
Not as interested in Carlson. Barrie also isn't going to be moved. He is playing 22+ minutes now and starting to produce some points.

I'd hesitantly trade Elliott. He doesn't look great right now, but last season he was pretty awesome offensively. He has a great wrist shot that I would hate to see lighting it up another team's powerplay. If Alzner was the one coming back then I would trade him.

Avs71 is offline   Reply With Quote