View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Agree with all of it. The biggest possible move for Tallon is Weiss. TSN Insider trading reporting Dan Boyle could be on the block. Link here: http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/latest/1/0/868561/clip/0

He will be 37 in July, signed through 2013-14 at $6.6million avergaing 50pts for the last 6 out of 7 years. I feel he's too old now to fit in our plan moving forward.

Ryan O'Reilly should be our prime target if Weiss is leaving. I know the kid is 22 and wants a multi-year at $5million but that's what Weiss would want as well. The upside is O'reilly is a younger and improved version of Weiss being 8 years younger. I would just love to see a #1 and #2combo of O'reilly and Bjugstad for years to come. Matthias has shown he's capable of the 3rd line duties but needs a new contract at the end of this year. We have many prospects at Center to fill out the 4th line role.

I'd be sad to see Weiss go because I feel he stayed through it all and never got the respect from the league he deserved. He's having a rough time this season with this apparent injury and wish him nothing but sucess wherever he plays even if it's back in a Panther jersey next year. He is a solid 2-way Center that could easily fit in under the #1 Center on any team.
Since we called him up from Chicago.. I never once thought Weiss was good on the powerplay. We'll miss his two-way play, but we need to move forward with the plan. The thought of keeping him around belongs in a movie script. Any way to make the team better at the end of the day. Tallon's been quoted saying that a lot since he was brought in as GM.