Old
02-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Regarding the bolded part...

I do consider Diaz as a keeper but, in the current thread, I did wish for a bigger D squad so I felt the need to reply to your ďjabĒ!

I really like the mix and depth of players upfront and in goal, Price is Price. However I am not ready yet to label this team as a legit Contender... are you?

Personally I think that a top 4 that includes Markov, Gorges and Diaz seriously lacks, to be well balanced (it is a question of balance; I am not nitpicking at Diaz specifically here), size and toughness. Our record against the NE is 2-4-1 and I think itís one of the reasons. As I mentioned, the sample size sure is small though.

Long story short, the day Diaz plays on the 3rd pairing (with 1st PP wave duties + 2nd wave PK duties) and his top 4 minutes are given to a bigger and tougher D, will be the day this team becomes a freakiní legit Contender.

That said... finding a tough and big top 4 D sure isnít an easy task so I am willing to wait for Tinordi!

PS if I remember correctly, Rafalski was paired with Scott Stevens in NJ right? Key word: balance.
I agree on balance but Diaz is a legit top 4 defenseman on just about any NHL team the way he is currently playing.

If Bouillon was 6'3" the symetry would be ideal as Subban and Emelin bring the lumber and Gorges plays a gritty game. That would be in an ideal world but you'd be hard pressed to figure out who to scratch based on the season so far. Gorges is a big leader, you can't scratch him, Bouillon has been a rock, Emelin brings the physical game big time and moves the puck well. Subban and Markov are no brainers. Diaz is ultra smart.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote