View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovifan27 View Post
I talked to a Pitt student last year and for the Fri night Pen-Panther game and he said there were less than 30 tickets for student rush. A couple were sitting around us in section 108 all single seat tickets.

I don't know how true that is but I really do think that has something to do with it. I understand that they are there to make money etc especially come playoff time but putting a bunch of college kids in the upper deck might not be too bad.
Except that the upper deck is nearly full to capacity with STHs, who they aren't going to displace for student rushers. They capped the season ticket plans at something like 15,000 seats, all of whom are paying less than gate price for tickets. Then they have people on teh waiting list who buy multi-game packages at a discount. That only leaves them with ~2K tickets per game to sell at full gate price as it is, and that number is probably actually much lower. The fact that they're setting any of them for student rushers is pretty generous, even if it is a good move for marketing purposes.

I think the student rush program was/is great but when demand for tickets is higher, those cheap seats are going to be the first things to go.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote