View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 12:01 PM
dwood16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
I think of Havlat as nifty and definitely with speed. I don't see Marleau as nifty at all but absolutely huge on straight ahead speed (same for Burns). Patty and Burns usually only do one change of direction in a single possession of the puck.

Interesting about the previous circles comment as it is the yin to JT's yang of strength/reach for creating time and space. It is a characteristic that almost all teams have in one player or another to a greater or lesser extent. IMO, Havlat is one of the better players in the league for creating time and space with niftiness. IMO, niftiness as creation is far harder to defend than stationary strength/reach creation because the angles change more rapidly for the defenders.
If by nifty you mean turns chances into turnovers, yes.

He has mishandled the puck on chances more than anyone on the team this season. he should have a lot more points than he does right now but has just been horrible with the puck so... how is that nifty. Again, I'm watching the Havlat of this season without any bias based on seasons past.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote