View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
You don't usually just read two words and then shake your head right? I clearly disagreed with you on principle that it isn't a top priority for this team to acquire a redundant player like Little, and an unproven prospect.

I'm not terribly familiar with Trouba. Apparently you guys have seen all his games so maybe you can enlighten me. I was under the impression he was a very good shutdown guy with some offensive upside. I got corrected saying no, no, not at all. He's a shutdown guy with a wicked slapper. Sounds the same to me.

Maybe you can set the record straight to what he is, and what he projects to be, because I don't see a strong need for a guy like that, and an easy way to get burned in a trade if they end being a solid NHL defensive defensman that puts up 25 points on a season. Not to mention we have Siemens who sounds like he plays a very similar role.

Why wouldn't we be going after skill players if we're giving up O'Reilly? These defensive or two way types are much easier to find via UFA or trade than a player like MDZ.
Trouba - I think at worse his 'floor' is probably a #4 two-way guy kind of like - Kevin Klein from Nashville or Boychuk from Boston and his ceiling is top pairing guy. I see him being like Erik Johnson in a lot of ways.

The point for me is that there's a good chance to hit a home run with a prospect like this. A guy that could very well become a lot better than MDZ in 2-3 years. I guess I just don't see MDZ as being that much better than either Barrie and/or Elliott (if at all) when these guys start playing consistently at the NHL level. [I know a lot of people will disagree with that but it's my opinion]