View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 12:21 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
If by nifty you mean turns chances into turnovers, yes.

He has mishandled the puck on chances more than anyone on the team this season. he should have a lot more points than he does right now but has just been horrible with the puck so... how is that nifty. Again, I'm watching the Havlat of this season without any bias based on seasons past.
I am not feeling well this year, but I have watched about 60% of games (I tend to fall asleep at odd points and probably have only seen 100% of 2 games). I haven't seen Havlat committing turnovers. I have seen extended dangles with the puck with no turnovers. Horrible boardwork.

I have seen unreal turnovers from Vlasic and several from JT in their own zone and they aren't from dangle. I'd really like to see stats on dzone turnovers.

And yes, nifty is dangle, edge control, etc. Multiple changes of direction with control of the puck. I characterize Boyle as nifty as well. I didn't characterize Heatley as nifty as he did exactly that which you are attributing to Havlat. If I am missing too much, you may be right.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote