View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
I think it would be very presumptuous to think we have any where near enough information to say the Hall founders were wrong. That is my point.

Orr over Wayne? I could be an argument either way.
It's the Hall of FAME, not the Hall of best players, and Hobey Baker was famous as a guy who helped build the game of hockey in the US and then died in the war. There is absolutely no frame of reference for how good he was - I never heard of any of the players he competed against in the US college scene and I doubt you did either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kresnik View Post
If i played hockey i would easily be a defensman, i mean how can it be that US best five are basically all defenders just for the exception of Modano. I think this board has in some way got dillusional by the fact that it's a lot easier to become a elite defensman, i mean for Mike Modano to be equal to let's say Chelios, must he win art ross and be top 5 multiple times? Isn't that to much to ask, i think Modano is equal to Chelios and thanks to the more competative position he is playing he hasen't had the career of Chelios. I mean let's look at todays player, is Weber really that much better than Zetterberg, Toews etc? By HFboards standard Weber is probably twice as good as Toews etc.
Chelios was recently judged the 10th best defenseman of all time by this board (against players from all countries). Where do you think Modano would rank among forwards? Would he even be top 50?

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 02-20-2013 at 01:34 PM.
TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote