View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He was put in a defenseive role his first (2) years in the league. He was their shut-down center, still played against the other teams best players which is impressive for an 18 and 19 year old in the NHL.

It's not that MDZ does nothing well. It's that I don't see him doing things THAT much better than the other players I see around him in McDonagh, Staal and Girardi. He is a good player. On this team he is the #3 LD. Staal, McDonagh and MDZ don't look good on their off-side. Staal and McDonagh are better than MDZ.

Maximize the asset. Puck-movers are at a premium in todays NHL. Whether that is right or wrong that is for another discussion.
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

I'm still not really sold on the idea though honestly. He hasn't established himself as an offensive threat, which we should be looking for in any C coming in with speculation about Richards' future, he's showing a tremendous lack of character in his dealings with the Avs, we don't have anyone to take MDZ's spot off the bat if he were to go for him and the guy hasn't played a minute of NHL hockey all year while our team is still struggling to find their legs and heads after the late start.