View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Appreciate your courtesy in overlooking my error as to Winn not CBJ.

I went with Pyatt because I thought he would be immediate help now, with Yogan the upside. Granted, Pyatt is not sniper quality help, but thought he'd be basically reliable and chip in.

Despite error as to nomenclature, I was paying attention in an offer of a RW.

My ? for you is, if Pyatt is not enough, considering a pick is available also, what RW would you want?

Unless you want to role dice on two boom bust guys with high scoring potential (say Christian Thomas + Michael St. Croix) I'm not sure Rangers have a complementary fit for RW presently available...
It's tough because it can be hard to look at another roster sometimes and find a comparable piece. Pyatt is a nice 3rd line player with size, it's just that as the Jets are not looking like much of a playoff team, it doesn't seem like solid asset management to move a young guy with upside for him.

On RW though, Postma is no where near worth your two top prospects (Miller and Kreider), but after that I'm not sure if the rest are similar to what we have. Maybe a guy like Fasth? Tough to say though as I don't know anything about him. And the fact that it looks like the Jets mandate is to get big and tough doesn't help.

If the Jets are trading Postma, it would be nice to get a comparable player in terms of age and upside back, just in a position of need. Postma has been putting up .7 ppg in the AHL the last three years and has been a 1st team all-star. So it would be nice to either get a young forward with similar credentials, or a young defensive defenseman (preferably LH).

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote