View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post

Your either putting way to much value on OEL, or you dont value Eberle enough...sorry but Edmonton gets robbed on this one... How about Ebele,Potter,Gagner for OEL,Gormely, and a first.
as an oiler fan I see the logic

Number 1 d-man for a number 1 fw (eberle sometimes gets lost behind Hall, nuge and Yak in the roll call)

However, by adding OEL the oilers will add a problem when Klefbom comes over next year-- He could be as good as OEL (IMO and I have seen Klefbom play a lot) in a few years. While you can never have too much D--you can have too much money on the back line. OEL is coming off his entry contract this off season and he will be looking for 5-6mill a year, Schultz in Edmonton in two years could be looking for the same money and in three to four years Klefbom (if I am right could also be adding up the money)

I love Eberle, but I know at some point in time one of our kids could get moved to add something we miss--oilers need toughness and does the Phoenix team have the 22 year old gritty forward in their line up that could be views as being a young Scott Hartnell or Zak Kassian?

By taking on OEL--I think the oilers need to send Klafbom back the other way--but adding him to Eberle and having Gagner in the mix is damgerous.

not many teams have what it take for a Klefbom. Eberle and Gagner deal

I am the KING of Alternative Facts as any hockey fan is
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote