View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolForumNamePending View Post
I would say the Czech Rep are more than just a 'spoiler' team. I don't know what they will look like a decade from now but as it currently stands they still have a pretty impressive pool of players, especially forwards, to pick from.

But this thread is probably already stumbling far enough off topic so I digress.
Slovakia came very close to taking Canada into Overtime and possibly beating them in the semifinals. They beat Sweden so it wasn't like they just lucked into the semifinals with a good draw.

Ironically the Czechs only victory of any note was against Slovakia. They lost to Russia and Finland pretty easily and Latvia took them to OT in the first knockout game.

This is the level I think a Team Quebec would be. If the team gelled and played to their max abilities, they would have the potential to win a game or two against the big teams in a knockout format like Slovakia nearly did. But if they didn't, and they just played to their base abilities, they'd be out quickly like the Czechs were.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote