Thread: Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Fasth to Two-Year Extension
View Single Post
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
In Bob We Trust
vCash: 500
I love this signing. I was hoping Murph would sign him to this exact contract. Well done!

We needed to commit to Fasth soon because if he keeps up with great play he'd be well sought after. I think a lot of people are putting too much emphasis on the 8 games thing. He's 30 years old and has been a pro hockey player for a while. He's no rookie, just new to the NHL. He had to prove he can handle the NHL game and he has. If he were younger I might question whether he could keep this up but I feel like this is a good indicator of the kind of goalie he's going to be.

I'm not a big fan of Hiller. He some how stops a lot of pucks but he never looks comfortable. My wife swears every great save he makes is an accident. I want to start a drinking game where you take a shot every time Johnny or Hazy says something along the lines of "Hiller didn't see it" or if he's looking in the complete opposite direction of the puck. I hope Fasth keeps up his great play and makes Hiller expendable. That shouldn't happen until the summer for a few reasons: 1) to make sure Fasth is the real deal, 2) to ride what might be the best goalie tandem in the league into the playoffs and 3) the trade market will be so much better.

I'm on board the Fasth bandwagon 100%.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote