View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
I'd say it's all of the above.

You expect to see strange things happen in the first 20-25 games of a season. Last year for example Minnesota and Toronto were world beaters and then just went away. The difference is that this season a slow or hot start can make a huge difference due to the shortened schedule.

I also think that we've been helped out big time by not playing against Western teams. The West is the powerhouse conference and I don't think there's any way we'd have the record we do now if we were playing against them. The East is a mess this year... Philly, Washington, Rangers... none are playing very well and even the Leafs are looking playoff bound.

That being said, give credit where it's due. Price has been stellar. Galchenyuk has made a huge addition and Markov has definitely made a difference. We're better than last year and the other teams have inexplicably gotten worse. Add in the wonky season and it is what it is. I expect we'll level off but even if we do, we'd really have to screw up not to make the playoffs now.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote