View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Dogpound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
I certainly have seen him shoot a puck.. I'm from Moncton too. I think you might be a little to close to the flame my friend. His stats just don't support what you are saying, McInnis from Saint John has better stats on a weaker team. Deschenes in Fredericton has way better stats.

I've watched Myers play.. he is a good player, but definitely not a 2nd rounder and I agree with HJ, might not get drafted at all, there are a lot of solid Dmen in the 97 age group and most of them a lot more physical than he has shown so far. I think that being physical is important for Dmen.
Well i am not going to get into an arguement with you about this becuase you obviously have a completely different view them myself and all the scouts. You can't base your opinion soley on points. McInnis from st John is about 5'4 145 lbs. Phillipe Myers is close to 6'2 175lbs both 15 years old. Phillipe Myers is actually very physical and throws his body around a lot. Wins all the battles in the corner and makes a great first pass out of his own zone. Excellent patience and a big shot. I am willing to put money down that he will go in top 3 rounds in the Q forsure. For you to say that he might not even get drafted is nuts.. Luc Duschene will also get drafted but i will bet that Myers will turn out to be a better Dman then him in the long run.