View Single Post
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Repeat Offender...
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by vitogor View Post
I have no problem with people booing at the end of a sloppy period, like the first period against Detroit. I want to see honest effort, battles for every puck, and an organized, structured game. When players are dragging ass out there, they deserve to hear it from the fans. Maybe it'll get them a little angry, it'll get the coaches a little angry, and they'll come out fired up for the next period. There's nothing wrong with a little anger from the fans. This is not elementary school, we don't have to tell them 'good job' and give them participation ribbons for everything.
This is the closest post that fits my philosophy. It's easy to boo professional players from the comfort of our home or seats. Sometimes it's too easy; especially on blogs or message boards. I'd rather boo someone in person than be passive-aggressive about it but it needs to be something where the effort is not up to par. There's a big difference from a period where the effort was there but the goals were not to being out-scored, out-worked and out-hustled.

We pride ourselves on being knowledgeable hockey fans and it goes both ways. If you boo, make sure it's in a spot that makes sense and drives the message through (i.e. the opposite of cheering for killing a two minute 5x3).

Different note: Had the issue of being at Soldier Field this weekend with a section that had a few Chicagoland families who didn't know Minnesota or Wisconsin's cheers (a couple have swears). That was more interesting.

Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote