View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
That suggestion was more for the end of the season. I agree that Després isn't ready for the big minutes right now, but having watched him play, I think that could change very soon.

I still don't know what to think with Stewart. He might be here next season, but I can't see it being anything other than another 1 year deal. He has returned to his old self, but his old self is still a streaky player. His value is going to be highest when he is playing well and the team that trades for him can give him the contract they want. Oshie and Tarasenko aren't getting moved... Jaškin and Rattie will both be RW's in our system... that leaves Stewart.
I'm saying Stewy gets a deal around 2-3 years around 2.5-3.5mil a year. After those years up depending on what the Blues look like and he looks like he will be gone or re-signed. By that time Jaskin and Rattie will have time to develop in the AHL while possibly coming up for a few games during the regular season due to injury.

Stewart so far has earned being kept on this club and I think the odd man out in the top-9 right now is Andy McDonald.

His play has dropped off quite a bit this year. he's been excellent on the power play but when trying to skate in circles or open up ice he fumbles the puck quite a bit and causes some serious odd-man rushes. I like that he is sort of mentoring Tarasenko but they should not be on a line together, there is just no chemistry and its hard to watch.