View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 02:52 PM
tjcurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
I'm not going to go through every reason why Chelios should rank higher than Modano on an all-time list, since that would take too long. But just to get past this "forwards are disadvantaged compared to defensemen" nonsense:

Chris Chelios Hart trophy finishes: 5th, 7th, 10th

Mike Modano Hart trophy finishes: 7th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 20th

And that's for an award for which all players are eligible, but which is pretty clearly biased in favor of forwards, and for which several of Chelios' best seasons came in a time period where there were less voters and less voting positions so it was much harder to get a placement (had the same voting scheme been in place during Chelios' prime as was when Modano was getting those 10th-20th place finishes, he almost certainly would have had several more at a similar level to Modano's).
Voting. Was every President that got voted in the best President? Lame comparison maybe but you get my point. I figure as long as two players are in the same ball park then it should be a wash. Theres gotta be room for error there. Voting isnt an exact science and its a bunch of guys with a bunch of opinions with different criteria that could change on a daily basis.

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote