View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
well, if Amac would be gone and Jaskin coming in we'd have one rookie, 2 sophomores and just one guy over 30 on board at the forward positions.
I am just guessing but if the management thinks we are a serious contender I don't think they like the lack of leadership and veteranship upfront.
Lack of leadership and veteranship upfront for next year? Just because we have a bunch of young players doesn't mean they haven't been around long enough. David Backes is our captain and Steen another captain. I think he's had his time here to help lead by example for the kids, but a lot of the kids are now men after playing in this league as long as they have.

Sure some may still be 24-27 years old but they've also been playing in this league for 5 years, some with veteran leadership such as Tkzchuk, Kariya, McDonald, etc.

McDonald's time has passed, he's been getting weaker with the puck and hasn't done a whole lot this season. You can tell he is frightened to get hit in fear of another concussion but that's not someone we need for our type of game we play. McDonald is simply too small, too injury prone, too old, and costs too much to be on this Blues team next year.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote