View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
These things should be contextualized.

Our forward depth is good, mostly because our top-six is in for the long haul. Pavelski, Couture, Marleau, and Thornton should be lifers. Havlat has got years left on his contract.

Clowe is probably the odd-man out, and it isn't crazy to think that one of Wingels, Galliardi, or Sheppard could replace him.

In regards to prospects, San Jose also has Nieto, and possibly Kuraly.

Personally, I think that young players struggle to hack our lineup, because unless you are a bonafide bluechip talent (that you rarely get in areas where the Sharks draft), you just won't be able to crack the depth the Sharks have. IE, Marcel Goc syndrome.
And what does the org do if JT decides he doesn't want to re-sign (unlikely, but you have to factor it)? What if any of the current top-6 go down permanently due to injury (we've seen enough concussions lately to make this a reality).

Personally, I think DW is going to burn the organization down depth-wise before he is canned, and that ownership is more-or-less fine with this. They probably assume that the fans will come back no matter what. So no, I don't expect DW to move Boyle, or JT, or Marleau, or honestly, even Clowe. I fully expect Clowe to be re-signed at $4-5 mil a year. I just don't think any of that is good idea. But then, I don't think continuing to employ DW and Sommers is a good idea, so who care's what I think?

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote