View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
shortshorts

vCash: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Sorry, I read the PGT and GDT last night, and I wouldn't take many if any of the gripes in there seriously.

Is it possible for you name some instances of what Kesler did last night that contributed to him having a "terrible game"? (other than the dive)
Given 21 minutes of ice time, I saw no production offensively. I saw many missed defensive coverage assignments.

I saw more than a few times where he'd try to take it through the opposing blue line by himself only for him to be trapped into the boards. I saw him pass up passes to teammates who have played the entire season. I saw him try to dangle multiple times only to get it stripped by a pokecheck.

Not once did I see him try a chip and chase all night.

Again, I'm not ragging on him because of what I noticed in the first paragraph because I attribute those to not being in game shape. I'm ragging on him because even from just coming off an injury, all his crappy habits that proved to be noneffective and counter productive are still here.

Kesler is at his best when he's shutting down the other team and playing a gritty, chip and chase, game. If Kesler wants to shoot, put him on the wing.