Thread: Recalled/Assigned: 2013 Dallas Stars Roster Movement
View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Troy McClure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
If that was true, they would have called up Colton Sceviour.

While I personally don't see the benefit, we know from Heika that GMJN believes just being around the team is good for a prospect.

I personally prefer to have a guy play games even if it's in the AHL, but I see this is now an organizational belief that I probably just need to get use too.
Maybe they wanted to call up a more skilled forward in case it was a top line guy who wasn't going to be able to play. If Morrow or Loui was unable to go, do you want the team putting spares like Wandell or Vincour on those top lines? Of course not. Fraser is a better fit.

You are putting far too much emphasis on any young player being scratched, even if it's for one game. It does not matter one bit. Fraser's career and development will not be negatively affected at all by him getting called up for a few days.

This stuff happens with every team every season. When players at the NHL level get hurt, the NHL team calls players up from the AHL. Sometimes they call up more veteran minor leaguers. Sometimes they call up kids. I don't see anything about this call up being out of the ordinary. It's what NHL teams have been doing for decades.

Troy McClure is online now   Reply With Quote