View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Crease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
It's punishment because the goalies haven't done anything wrong. There is no proof that goaltending equipment is the cause for goals going down or lack of scoring. There's no reason to scale it down. Possibly lead to more injuries, goalie equipment isn't made to stop injuries from collisions in the first place. Force goalies to use more athleticism or whatever and you'll see many straining and pulling muscles. Life of a goalie isn't as easy as everyone wants to believe it is.
Seriously? That's your argument against trimming chest protectors, pants, and thigh rises? Also, get off your pedestal. I've been a goaltender for 20 years, very recently spending 4 between the pipes at a Division I NCAA school, as well as trained with Scrivens and Quick. So don't play the "you just don't understand" card.

You and I both know what thigh rises are for. You and I both know what half the foam on a chest protector is for. You and I both know what the inner thigh blocks in goalie pants are for. It's not for safety. Let's get rid of them and see how the game evolves, eh?

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote