View Single Post
02-20-2013, 04:51 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Martinec and Novy rarely played on the same line on the Czech national team. Here are complete WEC-A scoring summaries for most of the years in which Novy and Martinec both skated for the national team:

1974 - Novy not on team
1976 - sadly missing
1980 - ???
1982 - Martinec no longer on national team

Sadly, I don't have box scores for the Olympic years (maybe someone can find them), but you can see pretty clearly from the above by looking at the even strength goals (assists) data that Martinec and Novy only played on a line together in 1977, and then it looks like only for about half of the games in the tournament (though including the first two finals round games). There is more information out there than I have been able to gather and they obviously did play together at least in the game against Canada in the 1976 Canada Cup, but Martinec and Novy were not regular linemates on the national team to the best of my knowledge. The majority of the time, both men were used as the "drivers" of their individual lines.
Seems they played mostly together in '76 ahvent been able to watch or research the other years...