View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Sidney the Kidney
3-peat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Listen its simple economics folks, Your unemployed and if someone offers you a job you take it. Unless you feel that making 405 dollars a week (which is the NY state Max on Unemployment benefits is alright for you)
I really don't think going on unemployment is on the horizon for Ruff.

First, he was fired, so the Sabres still have to pay him whatever is left on his current contract. I don't know the specifics of how many more years he has, but at the very least he's going to get paid for the remainder of this season.

Second, with his pedigree he'll have offers from a wide variety of teams in need of a new coach. Even if he's got to wait a year or so for that opening to come up, if he chooses to, he'll likely do what all these unemployed coaches do while waiting for a new gig: color commentate on any number of the hockey shows (ie. TSN, Sportsnet, NBC, etc.).

So I really don't think Ruff's going to be desperate to go to any situation because of money.

(That's not to say he won't sign with the Isles. It simply won't be because he's worried about being unemployed and needed the cash)

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote