View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Well, this pretty much gaurantees Hecht is waived or at least won't be back next year.
Being on a 1 year deal and 35 years old, he probably was only a stop-gap this year anyway, regardless of Ruff's status. And Regier is just as big a fan of Hecht's as Ruff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Patrick Roy and Jon Cooper are my top choices as of now. Cooper being the first.
Bringing Roy in - who's known for his fiery, competitive nature behind the bench - sure would be intriguing for two reasons. Obviously, with Grigorenko slotted as the Sabres' future, having his junior coach continue his tutelage at the NHL level might help accelerate his development as a pro. But Roy is also the GM of the junior team IIRC, so he could potentially become the replacement for Regier too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I'd file that under "throwing the baby out with the bath water."
I don't know about that - if one looks purely at statistics, yes, Pominville's production is too hard to forfeit....right now.

However, if the lack of passion, intensity and emotion is the ongoing problem with the team, having a passive, politically correct captain like Pominville who doesn't challenge the coach or call out his teammates and treats every loss with a ho-hum response, I would argue that Pominville has to either be stripped of the captaincy or altogether shifted out in favor of stronger competitors and leaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Since no one else has mentioned it...

What's Lindy's new organizational title going to be?

lol
Director of Alumni, where he can host fundraising events and cast his share of jokes to whomever wants to hear them.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote