View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDirt View Post
I don't get it. Maybe I'm missing something or out of the loop.
Yeah, I think it's a little far fetched to claim that the team doesn't hit because of some orders from the owner. But, at the same time, I think a large reason that the team performs poorly because there's no accountability in the organization, and that does come from the owner.

Management is constructed from individuals that won't challenge the owner, lest they be excised (Smith, Lafontaine, Jankowski, Botta, Nolan, etc), and the owner doesn't know anything about running a sports franchise and doesn't care to. So, that scenario creates this rudderless, flaccid collection of spineless sycophants that are "in charge", so the players have no accountability because there's no authority. The non-hitting thing is just a reflection of how this franchise is constructed... because playing physical and hard takes a level of commitment that doesn't exist. And, there's nobody with any authority to enforce that kind of commitment. So, maybe it's not a conspiracy per se, but it's incredibly damaging nonetheless.

Capuano is here because he won't make waves. I don't care how many high picked prospects there are, they won't become successful players in this environment.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote