View Single Post
Old
07-13-2006, 09:06 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netro View Post
I know you said that if he earns it in camp they will make a place for him. I agree. I just don't think, as I said, that he will earn because he is not ready for the NHL.

But, let me ask you, if you feel he could play on 4th line this year, would that:
(a) Be beneficial for his development? I'd say no, I'd rather see him play 20+ min in the Q then 5 min in the NHL
(b) Who's place would he take on the PP? Would he replace Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins, Samsonov, Ribs, Ryder, or even Johnson or Perezhogin? I don't think so
(c) Make the Habs a better team?
a) Yes it would, a lot, give a mission to Begin as a tutor...(What better coach he could possibly have?) Latendresse doesnt need to beat more undersized, understrenght teenagers. He needs to get used to the NHL speed and start hitting and getting more confidence in the NHL. For him the challenge is not to get confidence overall(like softer players) its to get confidence in the NHL.
b) Theres 10 spots on the pp not 5 as far as I know, I dont mean to use it on the first wave either. I see him playing in front of the net with Ryder-Kovalev-Koivu and Markov. It would be lethal to have that extra "Ryan Smith" parked in front of the net.

c) Yes, yes and yes. Hes the kind of guy that can change the game in 1 hit. Even on the 4th line he could get some clintch goals.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote