View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Late firsts aren't tossed around like candy. And you can be sure it's not a 10-15th place team that's going to be trading for them.

Hainsey has been pretty awesome this year, if we aren't re signing him, a 1st would be a good haul. Antropov is probably too slow to fetch more than a third IMO.
paul gausted gets you a late first.

I' would hope hainsey by himself gets you a late first.

I'd be fine with that, IF it was apparent he wouldn't be resigning here and we were where we are in the standings now at the trade deadline. If there's a 50 - 50 chance he resigns here, no way do i ship him. there is not much of an upgrade available via UFA this off season

Antro, who's criminally underrated IMO, is the more replaceable of the two. I'd expect more then a third for him but who knows. I'd have less issues shipping him out then hainsy, but even then it really does weaken our third line considerably, though Wright is showing himself capable in that position.

Essentially i know what value gets placed and what gets traded for late firsts, generally good third liners/rentals, i just mean that maintininig/ having the opportunity at resigning a veteren #4-5 D man for several years is worth more to me then a 20% chance dice roll on getting a top 6 player 3+ years away.