View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
Guy was a thirty goal-scorer in the past, and likely has more potential than 40-50 pts. You need to watch players before making statements about them. He's very skilled, has great hands and a great shot. He would probably be another forward who comes to the avalanche and rips it up.
You first need to find out if I have watched him play, before making statements like I should watch them before commenting. That's just common sense.

I have watched him play a fair amount. He's good and skilled, but he had one 31 goal season that you're obsessed with. Since then he's had a 13, 18, and a 24 goal season, and so far through 15 games is on the same consistent pace he usually ends up at with 16 goals and 49 points over an 82 game season. He's a pretty safe bet as a 20 goal 50 point guy at this point in his career. He's 25 years old, is he all of a sudden going to turn into a PPG player?

He's a good complimentary winger, or small shifty center that would be a good pickup if we needed one of those. We don't, and it doesn't make sense to bring him in and water down the return for our biggest trade asset in years.