Old
02-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Eichel15
A DJ saved my life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Eichel15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
I'd offer trades to Vanek, Miller, and Pominville. For Vanek and Miller, their value is higher now than it's been in a few seasons. I suspect Miller takes that offer up, Vanek maybe, and Pominville elects to stay.

Miller and Leopold to Chicago for Crawford, Hjalmarsson, and McNeill. Chicago loads up for their run with Miller. Buffalo gets a starting goaltender for the short term, and Hjalmarsson can play with Myers. McNeill is another physical presence for Buffalo, and could play RW a la Horton. This puts Chicago close to the cap, but Leopold is gone after the season, and Chicago has shown that they'll tear down after the season if it puts them on a Cup run.

Vanek's a tougher sell. He'd fit in for the Rangers and the Wild, but neither are in position to take on Vanek's cap hit. Vanek to Colorado with Brennan for O'Reilly, Pickard, and a pick makes sense for Buffalo but not really for Colorado. Maybe Buffalo can get the Avs to bite on Vanek in a Roy-Ott style trade. Maybe they do just O'Reilly and Pickard? I think Regier missed the boat on Vanek by not sending him to the Rangers before the Nash trade.

WHY IN THE HELL? Chicago is rolling along on every cylinder with points in games almost at a record pace(soon to be tied). Mess with what works? No. Just no.