View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Because he's not going to ever move off the Flyers 3rd line. We have Laughton who fits a 3C mold to a T. B Schenn is proving hes going to be a valuable asset as a 2C but cannot be moved to wing. With his brother here our eggs are clearly in the Schenn basket. And G obviously is not going to be moved to wing. Leaving Couturier, and Laughton. I have more confidence in Laughton then some of our other posters it seems and I agree that he will likely not ever be as good defensively as Couturier is, however you have to give to get. We are in desperate need of a young top pairing D-man and I would be willing to move Couturier for one. I don't think Laughton gets us one, and I don't have confidence in our scouts or minor league coaches to draft and develop one. We draft Centers, good ones, I think we should continue to use that strength of ours. Then when we have a glutton of them and a log jam we can move one for a greater need.
Why is it obvious G won't move to wing? I'm in the camp believing he should sometime in the next couple seasons. If that doesn't work, Couturier, and to a lesser extent, Schenn have experience on the wings. We're not trading Couturier because of excessive center depth...

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote