View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Hawksfly2gether

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
These threads are an absolute joke. 15 games in hockey is nothing. The sample is far, far too small. Who knows whether Emery & Crawford are improved...whether the defense is improved. We would all like to think we know but most of this is may just be random variation and luck.
1 or 2 games or a playoff series is too small of a sample to have any relevance. 15 games is pretty much a third of our season, making it a bit more statistically relevant than you suggest. Should we be lulled into a false sense of security by our hot start? absolutely not, but the statistics definitely have enough relevant data to show that our team, defense, and goaltending have improved. Not to mention close to 90% of our games have been against teams above a .500 win % Again i'm not saying the wheels can't come off as almost every team sees this happen at least once a season to some degree, but to say that not losing in regulation against the teams we've played is some how resulting from random variation and luck is probably the most ludicrous opinion i've ever heard on these boards... ok maybe not the most but its up there. I can see the argument for a couple of games resulting from luck and "random variation" but not 19 games..

Hawksfly2gether is offline   Reply With Quote