View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
So I have a speech I have to give in class on Friday. Informative. I am doing it on the Wild because I have two days to do it, I love to procrastinate, one of my main points is the future team and I know the prospect pool front and back, and I just enjoy talking about the Wild.

Anyone have anything that I cannot leave out under any circumstances? It's basically broken into two parts. Past and Future. It's hard to talk about the present, unless I'm talking about this season, which pretty much falls into both past and future anyway. For past, my main bullets are the beginning of the team, Lemaire, Brunette's goal/the WCF run, and the Parise/Suter signings this past summer which also goes into the future, which touches on Parise/Suter, young players like Brodin and Granlund, and long term prospects like Lucia and Dumba.

In general terms, have I missed anything big?

Anybody have a link to a site that gives a good indepth history on the Wild? Wikipedia does okay, but following links leads me everywhere and I'd love to just hop on some homegrown website's history and give 'em credit and all that. FRB will more than likely get a mention as well, by the way.

This is just for a general Public Speaking Course everybody at UND has to take to graduate. It is the one and only class everybody must take to graduate. Kind of lame, but ehh.

Maybe might want to include the Salary Cap and how that affects the player turnover, and how for many team they need to rely on getting good results from their own CHEAP draft picks? (and thus how the WIld has struggled since they had a 5 year gap of HORRIBLE drafting.)