View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 06:26 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
I see a lazy team that barely forechecks, is afraid to make mistakes, and doesn't play with any heart. Not to mention he has no trust in our young players. Kreider makes 1 mistake and he sits the bench. He needs to find his game and he can't do that without TOI. I don't want him fired but he's so stubborn it's infuriating.
Afraid to make mistakes? They make mistakes constantly - errant passes have been the theme this year. Further, I can't remember one time, ever, that any player was reprimanded in any way for making a smart, creative play, or attempting to make one and making an innocent mistake. The type of play that has cost people TOI has been justified in my opinion. Richards' passes to nobody, Boyle skating around without any hustle, Gaborik floating etc.

Kreider isn't "our young players," he's one player who hasn't shown very much of anything yet. Other young players on the team: McD, DZ, Stepan, Hagelin, etc., he has a ton of trust in because they've shown that they deserve it. Kreider was going to be a scratch last night and he ended up with around 15 minutes of ice time, with which he did very little. He needs to find his game in the AHL and then come up here after that.