View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
More important than goals is he brings a great attitude, professionalism and work ethic, plus he is fearless and is committed defensively. Some people on here seriously have no clue on hockey.
Love you too. Yet, a great attitude, professionnalism, work ethic, fearless and committed defensively is usually traits we love to mention about bottom 6 players. Top 6 players should also have great scorers and great point getters at least on a great team. If that's what we are right now, Gionta needs to bring those traits aside from his "great qualities as a person" type of traits.

And absolutely not sure whatsoever what his past stats have anything to do with where he is at RIGHT NOW. There is a reason why Lamoriello, who considered Gionta has almost his son, told him to leave NJ and run to take Montreal offer....it because it made no sense whatsoever. Yet, he had a GREAT first season for us.With the numbers that look like slowly but surely going down. He,s clearly not tradeable material based on his salary. And I wouldn't put him on the stands either. But I just hope we could work with him by reducing his minutes. If that means I don't know hockey well then....fine. His contract his due just in 2 small years. We'll see if teams take into consideration his past years when it will be time to re-sign. Do you make him an offer? Do you still want him top 9 in 2 years?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote