View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
This is pretty much how I see it as well. His offensive stats will not help his value, but he has played very well lately. Since the Oilers have talent to fill the top 4 winger spots they need to develop some good but cheap bottom six players. So while it was not what was predicted he could still turn out to be a very valuable contributor.

As to Jon Blum, I'd pass. The 2010-2011 version had a lot of value, but his play seemed to regress a lot last year. I have not seen him play this year so I might be wrong but his TOI numbers suggest that he has still not really etablished himself. (Has he been hurt?) At 24 that is a bit of a concern. So while I like him as a player I would not want the Oilers to trade Paajarvi for him.

That said I am surprised that Paajarvi would be a guy that the Preds might covet.
Blum had a sophomore slump, no doubt. But he is back at the level he was at during 2010-2011, if not higher. We'll see how long he keeps it up, but he looks very different compared to the start of last season. Now it's just a numbers game. Josi and Ellis are that good. Also, 24 years old is not old at all for a dman. We've been spoiled lately with Doughtys and Karlssons, because typically dman take at least 5 years to develop.

Nashville passes on a MPS for Blum swap.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote