View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You're reading last month's newspapers. Eller's ice time is increasing, as is PK's ice time (he was the last of the regulars to show up), and Weber has played himself virtually off the roster (are you oblivious to his forgettable season(s)?). The management is fine, I assure you.
No, I'm not.

Eller's played over 15min once in the last 5 games. He played around 12-13min for most of it. Actually, in his last 5 games, only once did he play more than his current season average of ice time per game. He still gets little PP ice time, less than 1min per game, and he is always the odd man out of the top 9 despite having guys like Cole or Gionta contribute less. So no, he hasn't been getting much more opportunities. The reason why you think that is because every time he's on the ice you're noticing him for doing something nice.

PK's still not playing much on the PK, when he is arguably our best PK player along with Gorges. He played over 20min twice in the last 5 games, yesterday being less than 18. I also don't like him being on the 3rd pair, just like I'm not happy with Emelin facing the toughest guys next to Markov.

Weber played 10 minutes so far this year. How can someone with so little ice time play himself off the roster.
What you're saying can be applied to Kaberle, who was given a fair chance right from the start. Weber played once, and got 10min of ice time, with just over 1 min on his bread and butter (the PP). Sorry, but that's not what I consider a fair chance.

Armstrong has been useless most of the year. Dress 7 Dman, give Weber a chance to prove his worth, try to get his value up. Keeping him in the press box is absolutely useless. Not only that, but it's really bad for his development.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote