View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 07:40 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanadi19 View Post
Even though i agree that the particular proposal is in the avs favour, to say ROR won't return a blue chipper is completely inaccurate. Now as you said our fan base is hard to to talk to, let go over the reasons for this:

1) when trading with the leafs, we want a defenseman that can play top pairing minutes with EJ, because trading for any forward on the leafs would be uselesss because of our depth. And we do not want Gunnarson as we do not believe he's 1st pairing material.

2) Leafs fan continue to make proposal stating its fair value for them, but when avs fan say no we're the ones gauging value wrong.

3) we plain and simple are sick of the leafs scraps for Colorado deals. If you want to give quality we will gladly discuss fair value for ROR, but it seems like leaf fans consistently think they can get our players for scraps, even tho we reject the offer 99 times outta 100
i have gone on record by saying gunnerson+bozak+prospect/pick would be a good deal for both sides, i have also said gunnerson/bozak+percy/Finn+2nd would be a good trade for both sides.

and if ROR had a contract with the avs i would completely say Gardiner for ROR is fair yes... but u never see blue chip prospects traded for RFA's....

and i do realize leaf fans are hard to talk trade with, but in my experience here we have usually been pretty close to value (see kaberle deal)

what avs fans see: ROR

what everyone else sees: ROR without a contract, and thats where av fans get dont realize they wont get as much as they want for him.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote