View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 08:35 PM
glasgow26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
I'd be alright with a Flyers style rebuild by trading Boyle, Thornton (favorite player on the Sharks) and Marleau. I doubt they will trade the latter two. But for ***** and giggles it is nice to dream of re-building on the fly, getting younger and faster, changing the culture, re-stocking the prospect cupboard and remaining a playoff contender and then moving to be a Stanley Cup contender depending on how the pieces develop.
The difference there is that Carter and Richards were traded in their primes, when their value was at their highest. And those guys still are in their primes and could still fetch a lot in a trade. They're both young and signed long-term. Boyle, Thornton and Marleau are entering the twilights of their careers. They each have another 3-5 years left at least, but they aren't in their primes and thus don't have the same kind of value. I'm not convinced that we'd get much in return for any of them, especially when you consider that all three of them are UFAs after next season.

glasgow26 is online now   Reply With Quote